"This Time of Year" highlights traditional topics of importance that can be addressed seasonally or during a scheduled period of time. Information may include descriptions, explanations, suggestions, reflections, action plans, checklists.
YOUR CHILD'S MID-YEAR REPORT CARD: THE PARENT-STUDENT CHECKLIST
- Identify the Subject Areas that reflect a significantly decreased or failed grade
- Question the difficulty level of the Learning Concepts taught and review their related Competencies
- Note the additionally written teacher comments, concerns, conference requests that require parent and/or student response
- "Talk it out" with your child and/or teacher in deciding how to improve student effort, work habits, study skills, overall achievement, and complete any missed assignments
- Reinforce the collaboratively decided PROACTIVE behaviors/habits/routines necessary to maintain a student plan-of-action that encourages improved academic success